Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beaumont: Grounding? Who wants to be grounded?

In sitting with a psychic, more for the fun than for any sort of guidance, she handed me a specimen of Chrysoprase and told me that it would aid me in grounding.  Grounding?!  I thought.  Who wants to be grounded?  What is the fun in that?  Haven't I been grounded all my life, isn't that why I have been crawling and clawing out of my skin in youth, in schooling, in marriage, in my career, is my need to escape going to be help through grounding?!  I've carried the rock despite, more for it's gorgeous blueish green smoky hues.  It's smooth to touch, and every time I look at it I'm inspired.

Today as I was driving counter clockwise circles amongst the meth labs of Beaumont, unable to find my way I began to think, 26....26....26....26....and I'm no where near ready to be settled.  Will I ever be? All my friends have kids, are married, have a stable happy life that in my heart of hearts I do crave. Then I grabbed the stone, and thought of grounding.  I haven't been fighting the constraints because I want to fight my grounding, I've been fighting because I have never been grounded in the first place.  If I ever want to be happy or content I do need to find a grounding.  That's what I'm dedicating this year to.

First off is stability.  While traveling the globe I will be taking in many new places, and I plan to take full advantage.  I remember one of my first trips with my DM, Auburn she turned to me and said she's never seen more than the mall in any town she's ever visited.  So I make a vow to do one thing outside the mall everywhere I go, thus the video camera, the blog, and the new promotion I fought so hard for.  Moreover, back to the point, despite my travels I hope to find some forms of stabilization.  Interesting how Joshua posted just the same earlier today as well.  Obviously we are mirrored in transitions, lucky for us we have each other.

We'll just see where to take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment